Featuring: David Hodgkins, conductor; Elizabeth Nelson, soprano; Daniela Tošić, mezzo-soprano; Jason McStoots, tenor; Harris Ipock, baritone
Laury Gutiérrez will be the recipient of the seventh annual Daniel Pinkham Award at this concert.
- J.S. Bach: Jesu, Meine Freude, BWV 227
- Anna Bon: Offertorium, Ardete amore
- Jan Dismas Zelenka: Dixit Dominus, ZWV 66
- Maria Teresa Agnesi: Overteur II from Ulisse in Campania
- Plus two works of Latin-Baroque fusion
Coro Allegro brings to light Baroque-era gems, both timeless and rare. Hear one of J.S. Bach’s most beautifully faceted masterworks alongside newly unearthed jewels by his contemporaries. Be mesmerized by the graceful virtuosic complexity of Maria Teresa Agnesi, discover the harmonic inventiveness of Czech composer Jan Dismas Zelenka’s Dixit Dominus, and enjoy the expressive and elegant offertory from "la virtuosa di Venezia" Anna Bon. Prepare to expand your perspective on Baroque music even further through RUMBARROCO's fusion of Iberian early music with the popular and folk music of Latin America.